Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Smoothies With Cuties


One of Calvin and Graham's favorite things in the world is a smoothie. Graham will run to the locked cupboard where we keep the blender and shout, "Smoovie! Smoovie!" It's super cute. I think he likes swinging the blender stick around like a sword as much as he likes the actual smoothie. :)

Anyway, we make smoothies almost daily, and I have one go-to recipe I absolutely love. I drank it all throughout my marathon training and continue to drink it to this day. It's one of the only ways I can sneak fruits and veggies into the boys' diets.

Here's the recipe!

Ashley's Power Smoothie:

Fresh-squeezed juice from four navel oranges (fresh-squeezed is a must! using the bottled stuff makes the smoothie horrible and bitter, trust me)
One frozen banana
1 cup frozen peaches
2 cups spinach/kale/whatever green you want. I use spinach. :)

Blend it all up until smooth and enjoy! Another variation on this smoothie is to use yogurt and milk if I'm out of oranges, but I like the orange juice better.





No comments:

Post a Comment