Thursday, November 7, 2013

Log Haven


TJ and I recently had the opportunity to go on a nice date - and I'm not talking about the kind of "nice date" TJ would probably consider an evening at Chili's or Applebee's. :) I've been earning some decent money with my side business, Premier Web Content. For those that may be interested, I help people write articles or content for their sites and provide relevant images/logos. I also help with setting up the site, adding pages, menus, etc (only the basics though). Anyway, since this is money that is not factored into the budget and is just "fun money" (for eating out, holidays, trips, clothing, etc), I got to pick the restaurant. Yay! Our dear friend, Rachel, babysat for us while TJ and I enjoyed a night out on the town.

The restaurant we chose was Log Haven. I had been there before and had remembered it as somewhere I had enjoyed. It is really beautiful and super classy, and it has a spectacular view of twinkling lights and a waterfall if you get a good spot. It's way up Millcreek Canyon, so it's also tucked away to give it a romantic feeling. When we walked in, they greeted us graciously and said we could "warm ourselves by the fire while our table was being prepared". Fun! We sat in some comfy couches next to a blazing fire and soaked in the cozy atmosphere. We were seated at a table that looked out over a waterfall in the canyon and it was really lovely. Candles lit the tables and twinkling lights were strung all around the beams and logs that adorned the interior of the restaurant. We ordered some really delicious drinks and appetizers - Shirley Temples and house-made chips with fontina, white truffles, pork belly, and chantrelle mushrooms. Mmmmm! So so so good. I am a sucker for truffles. TJ got an avocado, arugula, and puffed quinoa salad with lemon vinaigrette which was fresh and really delicious. For our entrees, TJ got the T-bone steak with pomme frites and balsamic glazed brussels sprouts. I got the crispy-skinned trout with miso butter and fried sesame soba noodles and it was truly spectacular. Both our meals were delicious! For dessert, we got the chilled coconut souffle with candied macadamia nuts and pineapple caramel. Oh my heavens... so good. I hadn't eaten this well in a long time, and it was truly a treat. We never, EVER eat out like this, so when we do, we go all out! It was so fun. I had a blast.

Unfortunately, it was such a classy place, I felt awkward pulling out my phone and taking pictures. :( Therefore, I don't have any to post here. Sorry! I tried to make my descriptions accurate enough to give you a good picture in your mind. :) After dinner, TJ and I went to see the Sarotov Approach, which was really good and very moving. We both loved it and couldn't believe how faithful the missionaries had been during that horrible ordeal! Go see it if you haven't!

All in all, it was so nice to get away for a night and enjoy an especially elegant date. I had so much fun. Sometimes, as a mom, you forget what it feels like to be a woman. It was nice to go all-out getting ready and feel pretty for my cute husband. I'm so glad Rachel gave us this opportunity. I love you, Rach! And I'm so grateful we had the means to go out and not break the bank. It's fun doing little side projects to earn money to do these kinds of things and not feel like it's hitting our budget. Yay for fun money! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment