Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter at Grandma's

We had a blast at Grandma's annual Easter egg hunt! It was so fun to have Calvin be old enough to really enjoy it and collect eggs. It was also fun to see all our cousins and their babies and socialize with them. Calvin really seemed to enjoy the love and attention. I just couldn't love all the Smedleys/Lanes/Standings any more! They are the sweetest people ever. I hope this tradition continues for years and years and years. :)

Since the lunch and hunt started at around 1pm, we let Calvin get in a good nap in the car so we wouldn't be late. He slept for about 40 min which is a long time for him in a car! It was enough of a nap to keep him in good spirits for the rest of the day. :) I'm glad he gets good naps most days because he can have days like this and it won't throw him off that much - we'll just put him to bed a little earlier and call it good. 


Snuggles with Uncle Sean! Calvin was so cute with him. They had a fun little bond over this weekend. :) 



TJ lamented that Calvin had a bad egg-gathering strategy. :) He was like, "Buddy, don't just pick up everything you see! Be strategic!" Hahaha. Teeje. He was kidding, of course. We were hoping to get the $5 egg, but of course, it didn't happen. Darn! Maybe next year. :)





I'm glad Calvin and I practice cleanup time every day - I think it prepared him for gathering the eggs and putting them in the bag. :) To him, this was probably just one big game of cleanup. 


Calvin got special prizes with his name on them! It was so sweet of the family to get him special toys. They had age-specific presents for everyone there. How fun! Calvin loved grabbing his goodies.




Dad had a special method for helping Calvin gather eggs. :)




Another prize! He loved giving Teddy hugs. So cute. He seems to be approaching the age where he enjoys his stuffed animals more. 


 

Ahhh juice! Calvin was so excited. He never gets juice at home so it was a special treat. He downed about two or three boxes, I think! Little sweetie pie. 



Get those eggs, mister!


Another fun prize! He kept holding the windmill up to our faces so we would blow on it to make it spin. :) He still does it at home now! He will also turn the fan on and hold it up to the fan to make it spin. It's adorable.


All his spoils!




Can you open it for me, mom?? I want some candy!


This is him signing "please" because he sees me and TJ eating candy and he wants some. :) When he asks so politely, I can't say no. :) He ate lots of candy that day. (Don't worry, Amy and Nelson! I brushed his teeth long and hard when we got home :))


It's hard to see, but Calvin was giggling with Uncle Sean on the trampoline. They were having a blast! 

My cute little family! I hated every picture I tried to take of all of us because I looked like a WHALE at 39 weeks pregnant. But sweet Polly took this pic of us and it's perfect! Thanks, Polly! And thanks to me for wearing good ol' black. :) I can't wait to continue to participate in all the activities that go on during the year with the Smedleys. I get to experience everything all over again through Calvin's eyes and it makes holidays that much more special. I love my little family of three (soon to be four)!

No comments:

Post a Comment